Thursday 17 October 2013

France Sep 2013, Day four

Day four Wed 11th Sep

The weather was still not too good, it had rained hard all night, the drain pipe had even fallen off the van with all the water. So we went for a drive, as soon as everyone was ready we got in the car and headed for Merlin's Castle, Château de Pierrefonds. We had all been in 2008, and Dot and I had been back again in 2010, with Dave and Claire.

We parked in the large car park after the market place, an English couple asked us they needed to pay to park, we informed them that it was free but they didn't seem to believe us and wandered off looking for a place to pay.   It was a lot quieter than last time we visited in 2010 but that was at the peak of the filming, now that the series had finished, it had just about gone back to as it was on our first visit there in 2008.

From the car park

We had a look in the some of few shops there are there but I still managed to find a new beer, I didn't get is straight away as I didn't want to carry it all round the castle. I would pop back for it later before we left.

We did not pay to enter the castle, we had all been in before but instead did something different and walked around the outside of the castle walls.

Walls, Château de Pierrefonds

I already had hundreds of photos and I found it hard to get anything new, I think us in the rain instead of sun was just about the only new thing to take but I tried.  You can find all of my photos of the Château here.


We walked as far as we could one way round the outside wall, then turned back and continued around the inside walls, until we found somewhere sheltered to have our picnic.  On our last two visits we have eaten and had drinks at a nice place, where they cook on a large bbq outside and we have sat in the sun there but not this time.

DSCF6948

Since we did all have photos from past visits, we were all on the lookout for something diferent.

Looking for the shot

As for me, I liked these two.


After the walk I went back to the shop to get the beers I had seen earlier but the shop was closed (just my luck), fortunately in another shop I found three very interesting looking beers and got them instead.

Later on the drive back, I stopped in Vic-Sur-Aisne and we called into the bar with the ugly dog but it was still too cold to sit outside, so we had a beer inside this time.


Day Three or Day Five

No comments:

Post a Comment